Helping Americans achieve the American dream has been at the heart of HSN for four decades. Finding innovators, entrepreneurs, inventors, and helping them bring their products to life is in our DNA.
After all, that’s how HSN was born. It began when entrepreneurial St. Petersburg, FL, radio station owners Roy Speer and Bud Paxson had talk show host Bob Circosta try to sell 112 avocado-green can openers on the radio. They sold out within an hour. If products could be sold that quickly and successfully on the radio, then why not on television?
Since then, HSN has helped elevate and launch thousands of brands and products developed by amazing individuals across the country. Through HSN’s American Dreams platform, we have identified and supported these entrepreneurs and offered them a platform to share their products and stories. Our belief in the American dream is part of who we are; it’s part of our ethos.
Here are seven reasons why:
- We believe in American ingenuity: HSN believes in the creativity of individuals who turn ideas into innovation.
- We believe in discovery of new products: HSN believes in finding new products and new brands, and giving them a platform upon which they can be showcased.
- We believe in economic opportunity: HSN believes in job creation, economic growth and creating new opportunities for Americans to generate wealth.
- We believe in small businesses: HSN believes in growing American small businesses in every community across the country.
- We believe in the next generation of entrepreneurs: HSN believes in identifying tomorrow’s innovators today, and giving them an opportunity to be successful.
- We believe in the power of success: HSN believes in empowering individuals to develop innovative products, tell their stories and launch their brands.
- We believe in turning dreams into reality: HSN believes in creating pathways and platforms so American entrepreneurs truly can achieve their dreams.