Women’s Leadership Live is a community for today’s female professionals, entrepreneurs, those in a career transition, stepping back, or determining their next career step. The community is surrounded by a team of experts and equipped with resources that can help them along on their journey. One of these experts being the co-founder, Debbie Saviano.
Saviano’s social media expertise is one of the reasons why the Women’s Leadership Live community has grown so large, and attendees of HSN’s Cincinnati American Dreams Academy had the chance to learn a few tips from this talented social media expert. Here are a few of the brilliant points Debbie Saviano made during her presentation:
1. People want authenticity, they want you to be real
As an entrepreneur, it’s important to be real and honest with yourself but more importantly, with your customers. They want to see your authentic self, which means moments of raw emotion and vulnerability should all be taken into account when posting to your social channels.
2. 80% Personal, 20% Business
When posting on social media, always remember these numbers. You don’t want to constantly be trying to sell. 80% of the time you should be posting something that shows who YOU are and what YOUR brand represents.
3. The key to building a relationship is engagement
While it’s good to like or retweet when people reach out to you, be sure to also respond. Ask questions, answer questions, have conversations. Be sure to engage with your audience.
4. You DON’T have to be active on ALL social platforms
If you choose not to be active on all social platforms, that’s fine. You don’t have to be active, but you DO NEED to claim usernames/handles on all of them so that nobody else can use them.
5. Positive rules of engagement
- Positivity Rules: People love positivity.
- Authentic Relationships: Be yourself, be real, seek to develop a relationship.
- Consistency & Clarity of Message: People really do business with those they know, like and trust.
- Bring Value: Offer solutions, inform, entertain and educate.
- Be Present: Respect. When someone is talking, look at them, give them attention, FOCUS on them.
6. You have to have a strategy
You can’t just post to post on your social platforms. You need to identify the following and stay focused on the plan:
- What do you want to share?
- Where do you want to be present?
- Who do you want to provide solutions for?
- When are you going to engage?