The American Dreams Academy
Welcome to the American Dreams Academy!
Content for the Academy has been created by the John P Lowth Center, Sykes College of Business, the University of Tampa
HSN and The University of Tampa’s John P. Lowth Entrepreneurship Center, Sykes College of Business have come together again to host the third American Dreams Academy in Cincinnati, Ohio on August 15-16, 2018. Cincinnati startup catalyst Cintrifuse will host the event at Union Hall, the region’s hub for innovation and entrepreneurship.
The American Dreams Academy sponsored by Quirky and SLC Group Holdings, is an interactive, educational and experiential two-day scholarship only summit for emerging entrepreneurs looking to launch or expand their businesses. Followed by an optional third day for entrepreneurs to pitch their products in front of HSN, The University of Tampa and our sponsors.
The Academy, a key component of HSN’s American Dreams initiative, aims to discover, collaborate, train and educate entrepreneurs through two (2) days (approximately 8 hours each day) of instructional, informational and educational materials with a dynamic, informative curriculum including courses focusing on:
Thinking Like an Entrepreneur: Mindset, Vision and Strategy
Money Matters: Accounting and Financing Your Business
Product Issues: Securing a Patent, connecting with big brands and Licensing Options
Manufacturing and distribution
Perfecting Your Pitch
Customer Discovery: Branding, Marketing, Research
The optional third day is merely an opportunity to receive feedback and have a product reviewed with no guarantee of an HSN commitment. However, HSN reserves the right to offer any participant in the Product Pitch Sessions, with an opportunity to bring his/her business to HSN, and to present his/her product(s) to millions of households.
– Individuals located in the United States who have developed or are in the process of developing a product or product line for retail (“Product”). Entrepreneurs who only have an idea are also welcome to submit an application.
– Annual financial receipts for the Product must not exceed $250,000.
– Those who have attended a prior Academy are not eligible to apply or attend again.
– Must be 18 years of age or older by August 15, 2018.
– Must be a U.S citizen or legal resident of the United States.
– A review committee will assess the applications to choose up to 100 applicants to attend the Academy.
– Entrepreneurs selected to attend the Academy will be responsible for their own travel, accommodations and all other related expenses to attend the Academy.
– There will be no other costs to attend.
The deadline to submit an application to be considered for the American Dreams Academy is August 3, 2018. In accordance with the official rules, a review committee will assess the applications to determine up to a potential 100 applicants to attend the Academy.